Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Making my CCR! Reflection of project

Happy Wednesday!

Over the past two days, I have been reading the CCR questions and creating my script of answers. The questions are different from last year. I think I like these questions better than last years because they focus more on over themes and branding, and less on the physical process of creating my project.

I am making my CCR on Premiere Pro, as it is usually what I use and it is easy for me to make. I am doing my CCR as a voice over, and then putting images and videos over it. This is what I did last year and I like how it came out.

I also wanted to use this blog post to write a little reflection of my project.

The process of creating this project definitely had some ups and downs. When first planning my documentary, I was so excited to create another type of vaping documentary. I had planned everything with the administration at my school and I was all ready to go! This is a topic that I am very interested in and was excited to create another documentary about it. Then, once school was canceled and I was forced to chose a new topic to focus on, I became a little less excited to work on the project. I still chose a topic that I was interested, but I was sad that I was no longer going to be able to create my original idea. Also, because of quarantine and corona, I was not really able to leave my house to personally film my subject and get b-roll. I was left with the option of my subject filming his own interview and then sending me other footage for my b-roll. Under the given circumstances, I am happy with how my project turned out. I think that I did a good job with what I had. I guess I am just sad because last year during the creation of my portfolio project, I pushed myself so much. I worked extremely hard and learned so many new skills along the way. That project then became my favorite thing I have ever created. I had so much fun working on that project and I had such high expectations for myself this year. I really wanted to challenge myself and expand to learn new things that were out of my comfort zone. So, while im happy with my final project, I am sad that I was not able to challenge  myself in the way that I wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment